Configuration analysis fully parallels physical wind tunnel tests and includes the following:
- Calculation of integral parameters (coefficients of aerodynamic forces and moments) in the longitudinal and lateral channel within the entire envelope of the operating angles of attack and angles of slip in en-route and take-off/landing configuration of the aircraft.
- A run through Mach number values (0.1-0.95) (where necessary).
- Evaluation of influence of operating engines on aerodynamic performance of the aircraft.
- Evaluation of engine intake airflow irregularities and loss of thrust as caused by distortions of flow field at engine intake due to aircraft configuration features.
The report includes:
- Curves of integral parameters.
- Parameters as distributed over the configuration model surface in flow field sections
(the parameters are shown as gradient fill areas).
- Charts of distribution of physical values in relevant sections of the aircraft configuration model.
- Spatial and surface streamlines.
Hardware: A computer cluster system with provisions for use of up to 1024 processor cores (Maximum capacity = 7.5 TFLOPS).